The Borough of Rushmoor is located in North Hampshire and sits in the heart of the Blackwater Valley, a flourishing area covering parts of Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire and less than 40 minutes from London. You’ll find us to the south west of London, perfectly placed with the road networks providing easy links to the capital, the M25 and M3. Excellent rail connections to London Waterloo (33 minutes), Reading (23 minutes) and Gatwick airport (53 minutes) The seaside on the south coast is less than an hour away.
Rushmoor borough is home to the two main towns of Aldershot and Farnborough, as well as the smaller village of North Camp.
Aldershot has much to offer in terms of shopping, leisure and things to do. The main shopping centre, The Wellington, is home to more than 50 retailers, presenting shoppers with a tantalizing mix of well-known names and smaller independent outlets. For the latest cinema releases head to the Westgate complex, a fantastic leisure experience, with a seven-screen cinema, hotel and numerous restaurants. Aldershot is also home to two theatres – the West End Theatre which presents a diverse mix of theatre, comedy and live music within an intimate setting, and Princes Hall which offers an equally broad choice for larger audiences.
Just four miles north of Aldershot is Farnborough, the other large town in our borough. Farnborough is a busy and successful town, with two main shopping centres, Princes Mead, with more than 30 stores all on one level, and The Meads, which is also home to a multi-screen cinema.
Both Aldershot and Farnborough have extensive aviation and military histories and the Army and RAF communities continue to be an important part of our borough today. Farnborough Air Sciences Museum preserves and promotes Farnborough's heritage in aviation science. The Aldershot Military Museum is housed in the only surviving brick-built barrack blocks left in Aldershot, and explores the fascinating realities of daily life for local soldiers and civilians since 1854. If you want to see how soldiers have been put through their paces over the years you can also pay a visit to the Army Physical Training Corps Museum.
The Council has ambitious plans to develop and grow the economies of both main towns and you can read more about those on the main council website: there are separate pages for Aldershot and for Farnborough.
About a mile south of Farnborough town centre you’ll find the smaller village of North Camp. Home to many specialist and independent shops, North Camp offers a highly distinctive retail and business area that meets the shopping needs of local people and offers a wealth of interesting specialist shops that attract visitors from far and wide.
More key facts about Rushmoor
- The area enjoys open countryside and beautiful woodlands
- Excellent sporting facilities, with specialist venues for skiing, gymnastics and swimming – nearly every Olympic sport is catered for in the borough
- We are close to many excellent shopping areas including Reading and Guildford with their vibrant student populations
- The home of the British Army with an amazing military heritage
- World famous Farnborough International Airshow attracting more than 150,000 visitors
- Home to world class businesses including BMW, Fluor, TAG, BAE systems and RBS
- Leading business airport, award-winning business park and a new conference and exhibition centre
- Entertainment, museums and arts venues